Sunday 12 August 2007

STACY MATHESONS BOAT.



The shots of the Gaff Rigged Ketch above have been a source of great enjoyment to me, especially since I discovered that the builder is none other than Peter Matheson who is a Sutherland man from Bettyhill. I was born in Portmahomack, Easter Ross, but lived my early years in Sutherland at Forsinard. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsinard Not only that but he went to the Tech in Golspie a couple of years before me. http://www.golspie.org.uk/default.asp?action=article&ID=120 What a fantastic boat, I look forward to getting to know the boat and Peter a bit better, as he has now moored at the pontoon at Braehead. His daughter Stacey now owns the boat and will be operating a charter business. Good luck and well done Stacey.
http://www.clydesideboatbuilders.co.uk/index.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures of The Flower of Caitheness, thanks loads Duncan, you are most welcome to join us aboard anytime, you know where to find us. The Flower of Caithness hopes to do lots of chartering in and around the Firth of Clyde and the Scottish West Coast this coming season. There are now some more pictures added to our website, we can also e-mail you some recent pictures of her under sail.

Thanks again.

The Matheson Family

duncan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
duncan said...

Hi Stacy,

How did you get to the blog?

Will try and get down that way if we get some decent weather next year. I am kicking of my utilities business at the moment.Had to change the reply as I made a spelling mistake and still have not worked out how to edit my comments.

Best of luck to you all for next season, I hope you stay at Braehead as it is handy.

Regards to all Duncan.